Today, vacuum cleaners are the best cleaning equipment you’ll find on the market. Even so, you have to take good care of this equipment so that it delivers excellent functionality. Ensure that you clean and empty your vacuum from time to time. Otherwise, the vacuum will experience clogging.
When dirt builds up in the vacuum, it will overheat and work slower than usual. This makes the vacuum less effective.
So, avoid using the bag more than once; unless it is a reusable bag. If the vacuum has a reusable bag, empty it every time it gets full. On the flip side, if the vacuum contains a canister instead of a bag, empty it once it’s full.
The majority of twenty-first-century vacuum cleaners have canisters that indicate their maximum holding capacity. This helps you know how much debris and dirt the vacuum can handle.
Cleaning a vacuum cleaner bag
The first thing to do would be to switch on your vacuum cleaner for approximately 30 seconds. Doing this helps you transfer all remaining dirt from the vacuum into the bag. Then, turn it off and proceed to the next step.
The technique you use to clean the vacuum bag depends on the type of bag. Most conventional vacuum cleaners use disposable bags. Follow all the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning the disposable bag.
Place a piece of duct tape over the hole where the dirt comes in contact with the bag. Then, replace the bag. Disposable bags need to be changed every time they are half full. Also, note that you should never try to reuse them or empty them. Doing this would lower the vacuum’s efficiency.
Reusable bags or plastic bins:
Suppose your vacuum has a reusable bag; empty it immediately after it reaches its maximum capacity. First, take the vacuum outdoors. Then, take out the reusable bag carefully and dispose of all the dirt and debris in your main trash can.
If the vacuum has a bin, use hot water to rinse it and connect it back to the vacuum immediately after it is dried. Do the same for reusable bags. Use hot water to rinse the bin and leave it to dry completely before placing it back.
After cleaning your vacuum bag, consider cleaning the brush. More often than not, dirt tends to build upon the vacuum brush. Grease and hair particles also tangle on the brush.
So, remove the belt and slide the brush from the vacuum. Then, use scissors or your fingers to get rid of the dirt and hair particles accumulated on the brush.
How to clean bag on Kirby handheld vacuum cleaner
The first thing to do when cleaning a Kirby vacuum cleaner bag is to remove the bag from the vacuum. Do this carefully to avoid damaging the vacuum.
After removing the Kirby bag from the vacuum, unzip it and remove the inner bag. Usually, the Kirby bag contains a disposable inner bag. Please take out the inner bag and discard it in your main trash can. Note that you cannot reuse the inner bag. So, you’ll have to replace it with a new one.
Detach the filter from the bag. Do this by unhooking the piece of fabric attached to the bag. Then, turn the bag inside out and place it in the washing machine.
Set the washing machine on a gentle setting to avoid damaging the bag since it’s relatively delicate. Also, use appropriate detergent to wash the bag.
- After washing the bag, rinse it and leave it to dry.
- Ensure the bag is completely dry before you place it back in the vacuum.
- Try your best to clean the bag from time to time to keep the entire vacuum in perfect shape.
How to clean handheld Dyson vacuum cleaner
Like most vacuum cleaners, Dyson vacuum cleaners tend to get dirty from time to time. Generally, Dyson vacuum cleaners need frequent maintenance to work effectively. Let’s look at the process of cleaning a handheld Dyson vacuum cleaner.
A detailed procedure of cleaning a Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner
- Take the vacuum and disconnect it from the charger. Then, remove the handle. Do this carefully to avoid switching it on.
- Disconnect the filter from the vacuum. Most vacuums have a button that pushes out the filter. Press this button and lift the filter from the vacuum.
- Use cold water to clean the filter. Run cold, clean water over the filter until the water runs clear. Then, remove excess water from the filter by wringing it.
- Place the filter on a safe surface to dry. Please do not return the filter to the vacuum until it’s completely dry. Allow the filter to dry for at least a day (24 hours) before you can place it back into the vacuum.
Washing Your Dyson Stick Vac Brush Bar
When it comes to washing the Dyson vacuum brush, follow the below steps.
- First, disconnect the handle from the vacuum. As you do this, be careful to avoid turning the vacuum on. Ensure you detach the vacuum from the charger as well.
- The next thing to do would be to remove the brush bar. At this stage, use a coin to spin the brush bar to its unlocked position. Remove the belt carefully and continue turning the brush bar counterclockwise until you remove it from the vacuum.
- After you take the brush from the vacuum, get rid of all the tangled hair on the brush. Use a pair of scissors to do this. Usually, vacuum brushes contain pet hair and other dirt particles. Failure to remove these dirt particles lowers the efficiency of the vacuum. Use the scissors to cut all the detangled hair.
- Once you get rid of all the dirt build-up on the brush, run it over clean water. Doing this helps you eliminate any remaining dirt particles from the brush. Allow the brush to dry for at least 24 hours before you can place it back in the vacuum.
- Wipe the bottom cover and the interior surfaces of the vacuum. You can use an efficient liquid cleaner for this. But ensure that you don’t interfere with the electric motor.
How to clean vacuum cleaner handheld wet/dry easy home
More often than not, wet/dry handheld vacuum cleaners get used in workshop settings. But they are now becoming popular among most homeowners.
If you have a wet/dry vacuum cleaner, it is essential to know how to take care of it. This way, you’ll be able to boost its durability.
A general guide to cleaning your vacuum cleaner handheld wet/dry
- The first thing to do would be to get rid of all the dirt inside the vacuum. Do this by removing the lid and emptying all the contents from the vacuum into your main trash bag. Seal the trash bag to prevent the dirt particles from falling accidentally.
- Fill your tank with warm water and detergent. Then, add a small portion of bleach to the detergent solution. Take your tank outside and leave it for at least sixty minutes.
- Begin by washing the filter of the vacuum using warm soapy water. Clean the surfaces of the vacuum using disinfectant wipes. It would be best to use anti-bacterial wipes; they kill up to 99% of germs and microorganisms. Allow the filter and the lid to dry completely.
- The next thing to do would be to clean all the accessories of the vacuum. Then, start cleaning them one by one. Spray liquid detergent on the surface of the attachments and wipe using a clean cloth for maximum disinfection. Afterward, leave all the attachments to dry before you connect them to the vacuum.
Always make sure you wear gloves to protect your hands from bleach damage. Also, if you notice any worn-out parts, replace them immediately.
Vacuum cleaners deliver excellent functionality. Even so, you have to maintain them properly for them to work effectively.