Are you planning to spend your summer vacation traveling inside your recreational vehicle?
Will your air conditioner withstand the unrelenting summer heat, or are you worried about not having an air conditioner?
- 1 Review of the best RV air conditioners
- 1.1 Airxcel 08-0080 Mach 15 15.0 Arctic Wht Upper
- 1.2 Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner
- 1.3 Dometic Penguin II 410 Amp Low Profile Rooftop Air Conditioner
- 1.4 Atwood 15026 Air Command Non-Ducted AC
- 1.5 Dometic Brisk Air II 15,000 BTU RV Ac Complete ND System W/Heat
- 1.6 Atwood 15027 Ducted A/C Unit
Fortunately for you, this guide can help you get your next vacation’s best RV air conditioner.
Here, we’ll look at reviews of the best quiet air conditioners you can use in your RV.
You will get some important information about what you should consider.
In addition, it is going to bring to light premium products that can suit your air conditioner needs.
|1||Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner, 13,500 BTU - Polar White (B57915.XX1C0)||$799.00 $731.80||Buy on Amazon|
|2||ASA Electronics ACM135 Advent Air 13,500 BTU Roof Top AC, White||$550.26 $512.90||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Dometic 640315C Penguin II 410 Amp Low Profile Rooftop Air Conditioner(Polar White)||$1,039.48||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Dometic Air Conditioners 3314851.000 Adb Man Control PLR Wht F/All||$169.00 $114.97||Buy on Amazon|
Your next RV holiday will be as comfy as possible.
After all, you do not want to spend your summertime roaming inside a huge movable sweatbox you cannot escape from.
In this article, we’ll discuss models and other important information you require to make the process of getting an RV air conditioner as easy as possible.
Review of the best RV air conditioners
Airxcel 08-0080 Mach 15 15.0 Arctic Wht Upper
- Product 1: Cool/heat capacity: 15, 000
- Product 1: Electric heat Element capacity: 5, 600
- Product 1: Electrical rating: 115 VAC, 60Hz
This AC comes with a 15,000BTU cooling capacity.
This Airxcel Mach 15 model uses approximately 1880 watts of power.
You will get the optional 1800w heat strip for a heating capacity of 5600BTU for colder months.
This quite RV air conditioner is your perfect, versatile model.
It will generate lots of power and not create lots of noise.
The model comes with powerful air circulation, to offer cool air in only seconds without interfering with anyone’s relaxation and sleep.
But when it comes to height, this model has a height of 15-inches.
This is the best choice if you want to keep your recreational vehicle comfortable and cool.
In addition, the Airxcel Mach 15 has a 1/3HP fan motor inside a streamlined shape.
Because of this, it will offer enhanced air circulation and superb cooling efficiency.
Therefore, you use up less electricity.
Most consumers usually consider this model the quietest RV air conditioner with an HP fan motor out there.
In comparison with other models, this may not be as aerodynamic or light; however, it provides a low noise level.
You can buy accessories and an optional assembly together with your model.
Extra assembly kits like control panels with wiring or ceiling assembly are available.
This ensures your AC will fit perfectly.
- Large 15,000 BTU heating and cooling capacity
- Powerful 1/3 HP fan motor
- Condenser coil protection
- Big condenser coils
- Has electric heat capabilities
- Easy installation
- Energy efficient
- Quiet running
- Quite annoying noise level
Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner
- Your purchase includes One Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner, 15,000 BTU...
- Air conditioner dimensions: 30.5” W x 15” H x 29” D. Weight 85 lbs
- Performance: 15,000 BTU/h. Input voltage (AC): 115V. Does not include Heat Pump
This product comes with lots of features to suit your needs.
To start with, this unit provides you with the choice of having the regular 13, 500 BTUs, or a little higher in power, such as 15,000 BTU.
If you want to take your recreational vehicle on a long journey to much hotter areas, then you need to get this model.
The Dometic Brisk II Rooftop Air Conditioner is quite versatile as well.
You can choose to have it non-inducted or ducted.
This eliminates the worry of buying the AC head, not considering if it will apply to your recreational vehicle or not.
This is one of the easiest products to install and maintain. It doesn’t sacrifice power or any other important features.
Besides, it operates at a low noise level enough for keeping your peace in check. This unit comes with a firm covering and sturdy base pan.
Do not worry about durability. In addition, the Dometic Brisk II is also pocket-friendly.
It has a high-performance motor, and it‘s designed with state-of-the-art materials.
Assemble all the parts, and you instantly get cool, fresh air around the recreational vehicle’s space.
A two-year warranty backs the unit. This is helpful in the event anything breaks down.
Keep in mind that the Dometic Brisk II doesn’t have a thermostat or controller. You will need to purchase these parts in addition.
- Its enhanced materials and smart design combine to make the most of performance and air circulation
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Simple to install
- 15,000 BTU capacity
- Stunning design that will complement your RV’s decor
- Dampening brackets minimize vibration and noise
- Features a digital thermostat
- High cooling performance
- Excellent air circulation
- Easy to install and maintain
- Quiet running
- No controller
Dometic Penguin II 410 Amp Low Profile Rooftop Air Conditioner
- Aerodynamic low profile reduces wind drag, saves fuel
- Quiet power: Delivers the optimum balance of air flow
- Easy-to-reach, easy-to-use controls - three-speed blower
This low profile model is the best option. The Dometic 640315C Penguin II is lightweight and a space saver.
Its shroud design will help improve the longevity of use. This air conditioner has outstanding durable qualities that make it a must-have.
Another factor that makes these models stand out from the competitors is their willingness to provide you with size and color variety to decide on.
You can get them in classic sleek polar black or white. It might not look as essential as its functionality; however, aesthetics are a great bonus.
You can also choose between the 13,500 BTU or the 15,000 BTU.
Although this product does not have its own remote control, it isn’t much of a burden.
Due to the design of this Dometic 640315C Penguin II, it is effortless to reach and adjust.
This air conditioner is unique thanks to its aerodynamic abilities. Penguin II can minimize wind drag to help save fuel. The AC will not slow down even during long journeys.
You will be happy to know that this unit is one of the most affordable products out there.
Because it is fully automated, you will find it quite user-friendly. Certainly, you will have peaceful surroundings thanks to the cool air it produces.
- Fan: The best quality fan is important in any AC. This model operates using a high- performance fan, which is adjustable to suit your needs.
- Power: Power will help you gauge the AC’s performance. Being a standard product, this unit is made to generate 13,500 BTUs. Small to medium recreational vehicles can benefit from this air conditioner. This unit also comes with a 12V electrical rating.
- Weight: It weighs 44 kilograms. So, it isn’t a model you can term as portable. In comparison with heavyweight models, it’s rather light. You will find it easy to install.
- Refrigerant: It’s good to keep away from chemicals that deplete the ozone as we need this layer. The ozone-friendly choice is great for dispensing heat, which makes it durable.
- Heating choices: This function gets come sin handy when the temperatures outdoors plunge, and you want to stay warm. You can buy the heating strip separately, along with the control. You require a thermostat, and you can buy it independently.
- Warranty: For two years, when you purchase this AC, the manufacturer is responsible if the product breaks down. Based on what accident you encountered, the manufacturer is responsible.
- Design: This product comes with a sleek design.
- Fit standard: If you are unsure of the roof requirements for fitting this AC, it’s specified: openings measuring 14-inches by 14. Smaller openings might be an issue if you don’t implement the right fixtures.
- Type: Ideal for duct and non-duct applications provided that you but needed extra features. Top-quality AC you can rely on for keeping your recreational vehicle comfy and cool.
- Easy to install
- Low-profile design
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Cools efficiently
- Quiet yet powerful
- Doesn’t have a control board
Atwood 15026 Air Command Non-Ducted AC
This is the best Non-ducted low noise air conditioner option among the RV models in the market.
The Atwood 15026 Air Command’s cooling capacity is up to 15,000 BTUs/hour. What’s astonishing is it runs on a single 2000 watt generator.
This unit is efficient and is specially made to be one of the most energy-efficient products in its category.
It is important that you take that into consideration.
This unit outputs a high cooling performance level; however, it works as the quietest.
That isn’t something you see in many RV air conditioners out there. You can get this unit with a heat pump.
This guarantees you a relaxing camping experience in between 25 and 159°F.
A heat pump will help conserve up to four times of energy since it pulls warm air in from outdoors.
It is more energy-efficient than a furnace. A furnace also produces its own heat. Remote controls and flip-down thermostats a part of the non-ducted system.
This model will fit in many standard RV roof cutouts. The Atwood Air Command is backed by a two-year warranty too.
The only disadvantage to take into consideration, though, is how bulky this unit is. It comes with a weight of 44 kilograms when you install it.
Before you buy one, ensure your RV’s roof is able to support its weight.
- Has a complete heat pump and a thermostat
- Compact and solid construction for a sleek installation
- Standard design that fits any recreational vehicle decor
- Easy to install
- Made to withstand harsh elements
- Very quiet
- Very durable and reliable
- 15,000 BTU cooling capacity
- Has dual fans
- Energy efficient
- Has a heat pump
- Not for ducted installation
Dometic Brisk Air II 15,000 BTU RV Ac Complete ND System W/Heat
- Dometic 15K BTU RV AC Air Conditioner System
- Complete w/Non ducted ceiling Kit & Heat Strip
- Free S&H w/purchase
If your worry is cargo capacity, then this RV air conditioner is the best choice.
The housing of this Dometic Brisk Air II is created with EPP foam. This plays a role in its lightweight construction.
This unit weighs in at only 34 kilograms. In general, a unit weighs approximately 36 to 54 kilograms.
Similarly to all other Dometic air conditioners, you can install this model either ducted or non-ducted.
Or regardless of whether you need one of these air conditioners for cooling the whole RV or a specific room, this air conditioner will suit your needs.
Keep in mind that the Brisk II has a complete non-ducted ceiling kit. It would be best if you did not worry about purchasing extra parts.
And since its lighter compared to most, installation is easy. Aside from those, this unit has a heat strip. This feature lets you keep the RV comfortable in chilly evenings.
It’s created with EPP foam that’s much lighter compared to other materials. This helps make it easier to install.
In spite of being light, its base is created with carbon steel that can deal with the vibrations accompany a moving car.
This unit’s fan motor comes with brackets attached to them, which absorb vibrations and noise that’s usually a problem in the units.
Also, it comes with a laminated shroud to be ultraviolet protected as it will encounter lots of sun rays as a rooftop unit.
- Comes with a slim inner unit
- Easy installation
- Has complete non-ducted ceiling kit
- Features reusable filters to help you clean up easily
- Comes with heat strip
- Not so quiet running
Atwood 15027 Ducted A/C Unit
- Two 16K BTU units will operate on 30 AMP service
- 16K BTU unit is 2000 watt generator friendly
- 2x Quieter than competitors units
This RV air conditioner unit is the most powerful yet quietest model available.
It has a very high-output motor that will cool down an RV faster compared to most air conditioners.
In spite of its power, the Atwood 15027 comes with the most economical air circulation.
The air circulation produces just a few turbulences in comparison with other units.
This means that it’s cool at a rate of 360t³/min. Due to its energy-efficient performance, you will worry less when it comes to keeping any appliances operating in the RV.
Additionally, efficient and fast cooling capacity means a quiet running both in and out of your RV.
This implies that you will be able to get a comfortable sleep inside. Or better yet, have a soothing cup of tea outside the RV even while the conditioner in your RV is on.
It also features a flip-down thermostat vent. This will help allow an effective airstream owing to its V-shape.
It would be best if you didn’t worry about having air circulation on only one area, right underneath the AC’s placement.
Additionally, the dual-motor allows you to run a blower fan and condenser fan independently to adjust to your preferred cooling.
You will get all these options on the remote it has. You can use the wireless remote to control the sleep timer, timer, or standard temperature.
You can also set the timer of this air conditioner on and off in advance.
Its lock function will help make sure the thermostat does not automatically cycle the fan.
This helps keep your cooling just the way you prefer it always.
- Wireless remote lets you adjust sleep timer, temperature, and fan speed
- Two times quieter than other models
- 16000 BTU unit is 2000 watt generator friendly
- Accurate temperature control with digital temperature readout
- Two 16000 BTU will run on 30AMP service
- Energy efficient
- Wireless remote control
- Dual motor performance
- 2x quieter
- High output power
- Hard to install thermostat wiring
Last update on 2020-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API