Review Of Best Platform Beds – Make The Right Purchase
If you love peaceful nights and soul-nourishing sleep like me, then you owe yourself a platform bed.
Platform beds are not only good for your body; they are kind to your wallet too.
Unlike the ordinary box spring beds that get loose and sag, causing you severe back pains and long nights of uncomfortable sleep, platform beds have a secure base that won’t sag.
- 1 Review Of Best Platform Beds – Make The Right Purchase
- 1.1 Best Platform Beds in 2020
- 1.1.1 Platform bed frame queen under 100
- 1.1.2 King platform bed with storage underneath
- 1.1.3 Best platform bed with storage underneath
- 22.214.171.124 How to build a platform bed – DIY
- 126.96.36.199 Twin platform beds with storage
- 188.8.131.52 Platform bed with storage space for your baskets
- 184.108.40.206 Placing drawers under the platform bed
- 220.127.116.11 The hanging platform bed
- 18.104.22.168 The wheeled platform bed
- 22.214.171.124 Pallet platform bed
- 126.96.36.199 The cardboard platform bed
- 188.8.131.52 The floating bed
- 1.1 Best Platform Beds in 2020
They, therefore, last longer and save you money.
Besides, contrary to the wide-spread notion that platform beds are low to the ground, you can find platform beds of standard height.
The closer-to-the ground design has its pros.
If you’d love to give your room more space, then a low-lying platform bed will leave a considerable space to the ceiling, which gives the room an apparent huge size.
Platform beds also make it easier for you to roll out and get moving with your day’s tasks— you don’t have to crunch and put a strain on your lower back.
However, good things might not serve you well if you don’t find the best reviews to guide and inform your purchase decisions.
You don’t just need any platform bed.
You need a high-quality bed that meets your preferences at the right budget.
Also, platform beds add a touch of class and style to your bedroom.
They come in intricate designs and cut to give your space a royal appeal and feel.
Another thing that makes platform beds the best choice over traditional beds is that platform beds use wooden slats that allow for better air circulation in the mattress hence improving its longevity.
The slats are slightly apart, and your weight is also well distributed on the mattress.
Hence, it ages uniformly, unlike traditional beds that put a lot of weight and pressure at the center of the foam mattress, causing uneven wearing out.
Given you won’t need a spring box for the platform beds makes them pretty easy to move around and eliminates the need for repairs that are done periodically to reinforce the springs when they stretch and get loose.
It also saves you a lot of money because you don’t have to buy the springs in the first place.
Here are the best platform bed reviews, have a look at our top picks, and choose the right one for your needs and taste.
Best Platform Beds in 2020
With platform beds being the bedroom buzz of the internet now, it can be pretty tough to find yourself a good platform bed that is worth the hype.
It is your responsibility as a buyer to surf the internet for reliable reviews to inform your purchase.
You want to put your money on a tried-and-tested platform bed that meets your needs of comfort, durability, and style.
And when you do the surfing, don’t just look at the features and the specs of the platform bed you want to buy, go deeper into the reviews of real users.
Look into the strengths the users have mentioned, are they what you’re looking for?
Also, look at the problems most users have had with the bed and ask yourself if they are lags you can make do with.
Fishing for these real user reviews will help you get the real picture of what it feels like to own the platform bed.
As with everything, poor quality creeps in where trends and big ideas feature.
You must, therefore, do the wise thing and explore different reviews so that you buy only the best platform bed designs that will sync seamlessly with your interior décor.
These modern platform bed reviews will definitely widen your options when you finally set out to purchase your dream low platform bed.
Here we go;
- Queen Size Upholstered Diamond Stitched Platform Bed
- GOOD LOOKS, CONFIDENT STYLE - With its easy-as-pie assembly, sturdy construction...
- DURABLY DESIGNED - Interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort...
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable wood slats support and extend the life of your...
If you want a bed that’s sturdy enough for your nocturnal adventures, then this bed is for you. It is made of strong wood slats for maximum support.
Upholstered in dark grey color, the bed is an addition to the glamour of your bedroom.
The color easily syncs with most bedroom décor so you won’t struggle to replace what already exists in your bedroom to create a new theme color.
The headboard is upholstered in a diamond pattern hence combines an intricate blend of modern design and antique feel.
The slats are made of wood and are positioned evenly at 3 inches between the slats.
This spacing is suitable for any type of mattress and ensures better airflow.
The bed only weighs 80 pounds, and so you can easily move it around.
It comes with all its parts in a secured carton.
The legs, frame and the slats are stored at the back of the headlong in a zippered compartment.
This makes it easier for you to assemble and set it up.
Given the even spacing of the wooden slats, you can use any mattress on it, be it memory foam, latex, spring, or hybrid mattress.
If you already have a mattress of the right measurements, you won’t need to change to a different type of mattress.
If you’ve been using a traditional bed that has a height above the ground, you’ll find it easy to transit to this platform bed since it is not so low-lying like typical platform beds.
It also gives you a clearance of 6.9” under the bed.
Though that space isn’t enough for you to stuff huge suitcases, it can be great for keeping small items out of sight.
The height of the bed makes it easy for you to rest with your foot on the ground when you’ve fitted it with a mattress of moderate density.
Climbing to and getting out of this bed is also easy given the height.
Also, the modern platform bed is sturdy and won’t squeak. It can carry a lot of weight. Just to show you how sturdy this bed is, here is what one user had to say;
“When I bought this, I was 286 and my husband was 250 and a few years later..and a few less pounds..it’s still holding up amazingly.”
Well, that’s over 500 lbs. And it hasn’t shown any sign of weakening. Another user had this to say;
“I’m not sure about the lifespan of the bed, but together we are about 380lbs in the bed and we have not had any issues so far.
Also, we have a memory foam mattress that is really heavy. Loving it!”
Well, from these clients who’ve been using this queen platform bed, you can see that weight is nothing to worry about.
Unless you and your partner are seriously ‘big’ people, you shouldn’t be worried about the frame breaking in the middle of the night.
You and your loved one are safe!
- Dimension: 80.5 X 60 X 14 inches
- Color: Dark Grey
- Weight: 80 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years
- The design is classic
- It is easy to assemble
- It is sturdy, from the users’ reviews, it can carry up to 500 lbs. comfortably.
- It has a headboard that’s classically upholstered in dark grey
- It has a good clearance of 6.9 inches to help you keep little packages out of sight.
- Supports all types of mattresses
- Available in twin, queen and king sizes
- The clearance between the platform and the ground is 6.9 inches; this won’t allow you to store tall boxes beneath the bed.
- If you and your partner weigh a combined weight of way more than 500 lbs, it might not be sturdy enough for you.
- Zinus Upholstered Platform Bed – Queen
- GEOMETRY THAT MATTERS - With its asymmetrical geometric upholstered headboard,...
- DURABLY DESIGNED - Interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort...
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable wood slats support and extend the life of your...
This platform gives you so many things in one pack.
To begin with, it is upholstered in grey.
And grey syncs well with most colors so you can bet it will add grandeur to your bedroom.
Second, it has a rating of 4.8 after over 1000 reviews from genuine users.
I don’t know about you, but all these users can’t be wrong about the quality of this upholstered platform bed king.
The design of the bed is modern, and the upholstery on the headboard is done in geometric patterns that beings a sense of uniqueness to it.
The wooden slats are closely placed to ensure any type of mattress you use will serve you for long.
The weight will be distributed evenly so the mattress won’t wear out unevenly, nor the slats will snap.
The low-profile footboard and the upholstered headboard plus the height from the ground gives it a feel of an elegant mahogany bed.
It’s not as minimalist as most of these platform beds.
Despite all the elegance and finesse, this high-quality wooden platform bed comes with all the parts zippered in readiness for easy assembly.
The wood platform bed frame is sturdy, doesn’t bend inwards like some low-quality platform beds.
The bed is pretty stable and can hold up to 600 lbs.
So, you can sleep on this bed with your partner, and it will hold you just fine.
- Dimension: 84.2 x 63.2 x 43.1 inches
- Color: Grey
- Weight: 96.8 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years
- This bed has been praised by those who’ve used it for its sturdiness. It can accommodate up to 600 lbs.
- It’s also very unique in design, especially the geometric patterns upholstered on the headboard.
- It’s not too low from the ground, which makes it easier for you when you’re trying to transition from the traditional beds to platform beds.
- It gives you a small space to store a few items beneath the bed.
- The warranty of 5 years just shows how much the manufacturers believe in its quality.
- It is pretty easy to assemble. Putting it together will take you less than an hour even if you’re not super hands-on.
- When you move you can pack all the parts in the headboard as neatly as it was sent to you. It makes it easier for those who move a lot.
- It is available in different sizes; full, king, and queen.
- The clearance from the ground to the edge is low, just 5.56 inches; hence you can’t keep boxes beneath it.
- Heavy Duty 16 Inch Wooden Reinforced Platform Bed Frame – Strengthen Support Mattress Foundation
- 10 wooden slats, 1 center support bar and 6 strong legs give excellent stability...
- Silent cushioning gasket for noise-free use and no squeaking / Reinforced...
- Eliminates the need for a box Spring / Headboard or footboard compatible
The thing with platform beds sizes is that they differ, and this measures 76 x 38 x 16 inches, so it’s pretty within range.
The four legs are metal, and so reinforces its strength to carry on weight without squeaking.
The best thing with this twin platform bed is that the wooden slats pretty fit in the metal frame without leaving a roaming space.
The parts of the frame simply unfold and lock into place without hassles.
The legs are bolted on the metal frame, and putting everything together is much easier because every piece just falls into place.
If you’re a vigorous couple when it comes to adult activity, this California king platform bed has you covered.
The bed won’t bend inwards, neither will the bolts loosen— its platform is sturdy enough to tolerate vigorous activity.
While it is easy to assemble, once it holds tight, nothing shakes it.
It will neither squeak, bend nor will the legs crumble at your weight.
I love this platform because it’s so light and so easy to disassemble.
If you frequently have visitors, then this bed can be the one you bring out just 30 minutes before they retire to sleep and disassemble when the day breaks.
I think such flexibility, sturdiness, and simple modern design is worth the price you pay for it.
The gap between the slats is approximately 3 inches, which makes it good for even memory foam mattresses as the gap between the slats isn’t too big that the foam slides between the slides.
This full platform bed doesn’t come with drawers, but the 14 inches of clearance make enough space to store huge boxes underneath.
You don’t have to worry about items cluttering your bedroom.
With a minimalist look, and impressive finish, the bed gives your room a crisp balance between rugged design and elegant poise.
Though it doesn’t come with a headboard, you can buy a separate headboard and fit it with it.
The bed employs a silent cushioning gasket to make it noise-free.
It won’t squeak, but also since the steel metal frames reinforce the wooden slats, the mattress has a sturdy base; hence it won’t sag.
With this platform bed, your memory foam mattress will serve you for long.
The legs are 14 inches apart, and that reinforces the support since the weight is distributed evenly to the supporting legs.
The metals are heavy because they are high-quality.
You might want to move the bed piece by piece so that you don’t break your back on the stairs.
Once assembled, the bed feels as sturdy as a traditional wooden mahogany bed.
It also takes more weight than other platform beds. Ziyoo says it can take up to 3500 lbs.
Which seemingly is true given the sturdy build of the bed.
If you’re someone who goes for value, buy this bed.
If you love the design and everything about it, you will not have to change it for fear of weight when you get a baby (even twins).
- Dimension: 76 x 38 x 16 inches
- Color: Black
- Weight: 16.61 pounds
- Warranty: Not indicated.
- Sturdy—it can accommodate up to 3500 lbs.
- It has a modern design and stylish finish.
- Easy to assemble and fix into place.
- It gives you room for storage beneath the bed.
- The spaces between the slats are well-spaced, not too big to let the mattress slip between, but also large enough to allow for air circulation through the mattress hence limits cases of molds even in cold seasons.
- It is fairly priced for the value you get!
- The metal frame is pretty heavy.
- The manufacturers haven’t stated if it has a warranty.
Platform bed frame queen under 100
When it comes to saving money, most people take a DIY approach to doing things.
However, you don’t have to know how to build a platform bed to have it cheap. You can find pretty good platform beds at a good bargain.
Though full size platform beds with storage might cost you quite a fortune, if you love platform beds for all their simplicity, flexibility, and durability you can still find a good platform bed frame at a reasonable budget.
Yeah, you don’t have to go for a queen platform bed with storage and headboard to have a good night’s sleep and add some touch of style to your bedroom.
You can find sturdy bed frames that will meet your needs without leaving a hole in your wallet. And, it doesn’t mean you have to go low on quality.
The problem with most buyers is that they want to go with popular brand names.
This is respectable because sometimes you don’t want to be the one trying a brand you’ve never heard of.
However, some less known manufacturers are making great platform beds; good quality and all, but still avail them at a good price.
Maybe they’re trying to infiltrate the market, so they lower the prices to appeal to most buyers, or they are offering great discounts for a limited time.
Whatever the case, it is your advantage as a buyer, and you must, therefore, rise with the opportunity and buy a platform bed that will serve you well.
Sometimes, however, you just want a bed for light use.
You might not be using it every day, but just have in place for when your guests come over.
In such a case, you might not think too much about quality.
There are excellent king platform beds at a pocket-friendly price.
And you know something; you don’t have to do the hard lifting browsing the internet for the affordable platform bed frames.
We have done that for you.
Here is platform bed that you can find for under $100
- Abel 14 Inch Metal Platform Bed Frame with Steel Slat Support
- Go minimalist - Less is more, especially with this modern and boldly outlined...
- No box spring needed - Reliable metal slats are designed to support and extend...
- Underbed clearance - A 14 inch platform features 12 inches of underbed space...
If metal bed frames charm you and blend well with your bedroom décor, then this metal platform bed frame is for you.
You will love it for its simplicity and ease of assembly.
The strength of steel slats makes it sturdier and fit for high profile mattresses.
The mattress foundation will hold your mattress in place, and it won’t squeak!
You can use memory foam, latex, or spring mattresses; hence you don’t have to buy a specific type of mattress to use this metal platform bed.
You also don’t need box springs as the slats are close to each other and so can support any type of mattress.
The slats are wide enough for better airflow to the mattress, yet are not too large apart to let the mattress slip between the slats.
When you buy this bed, it comes in a compact package of a slim narrow box hence easy to carry.
Besides, it only weighs about 37 pounds so you can move it around easily and set it up wherever you find convenient.
With a strong metal foundation, your mattress will have a sturdy base as the bed won’t sag in the middle as common with box spring beds.
The metals slats are positioned at 5.5 inches apart.
This gives the platform sturdy support but also enhances air circulation through the mattress hence kills any damp and allows your mattress to serve you for a longer duration.
With a good mattress that covers the platform fully, you don’t have to worry about body contact with the metal frame during those cold nights.
If you have a small space with lots of boxes spread haphazardly across the room, this bed will help you restore some order in your bedroom.
Unlike low platform beds, it has 13 inches of clearance beneath which allows you to store boxes neatly under the bed.
Though this bed frame is made of steel, it can only accommodate 500 lbs. That includes the weight of the mattress.
You and your partner must ensure to comply with the limit for safety.
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 79.5 x59.7 x 14 inches
- Weight: 37 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years
- Minimalist design; It is simple and doesn’t have a lot of design extras that might dim its overall appeal.
- Being made of metal, it is studier and not prone to environmental hazards like dampness and mites.
- It is a queen platform bed with enough clearance for storage— finally, you can restore order in your bedroom.
- Easy to assemble
- It is durable and still comes with a 5 years warranty.
- You can use it with most mattresses
- Very affordable; Look, it costs less than $80!
- Can’t carry so much weight stick to below 500 lbs. plus the mattress.
- The design is bare (no headboard and upholstery).
Here is platform bed that you can find for over $200
2. Queen Size Bed Frame Deluxe Solid Modern Platform Bed with Adjustable Headboard
- 【ONE BOX ONLY】After hearing all our customers suggestion and spent a lot of...
- 【120°Ergonomic Headboard】The 120°ergonomic adjustable headboard on our...
- 【Soft and No hard Edges All Bed】Rounding design we put on headboard and...
The bed is modern in design and is very stylish.
Most of the people who have used it praise it for its comfort and sleek design, and softness of the pu leather.
It easy to clean as you just wipe the leather with a damp cotton cloth.
Aside from the unique appearance and feel, it is very durable as the frame is made from high-quality timber.
It has adjustable features; you can increase the height and bring it down as needs may dictate— the headboard can be raised from the default height of 25.2 to 26 inches.
Though this platform bed looks really complicated in design, it is pretty easy to assemble.
The bed comes in two boxes, and so if only one arrives at your door, you should make contact the seller and notify them of the mishap.
- Dimension: 59.84″x 80.3″
- Color: Black
- Weight: 91.2 pounds
- Warranty: Not indicated
- It takes up very little space in your bedroom
- Oh! This platform bed is unique in design
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdier than it looks; doesn’t squeak!
- Easy to clean
- Adds a touch of class and grandeur to your bedroom
- The cost vs. the value is fair
- Some buyers have complained that it is extremely low-lying.
King platform bed with storage underneath
King platform beds are fantastic because they not only give you enough space to toss and turn on those unfortunate nights when you wouldn’t find sleep but also are built to last.
Find yourself black modern platform bed cal king and get the elegance in your bedroom.
It feels like having a royal sleepover because half the time, the bed is so damn good you can’t believe you own it!
Maybe that’s a little exaggerated, but you get the gist?
Yeah, and it gets better when you find yourself a platform bed frame with storage.
That’s so many things in one.
These beds come with enough space to keep your essentials safe, and help remove the clutter in your bedroom.
King platform beds with storage are highly sophisticated work of genius manufacturers, they are not easy to make like most DIY platform beds.
So, you might have to pay a little more for the value.
How you know you need a platform bed with storage underneath
You might say you don’t have the money to purchase a highly sophisticated platform bed with storage underneath.
You might be right, but maybe, getting a platform bed with storage will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Think about the ease of locating your stuff when you need them.
From your extra bedsheets, make-up kit, jewelry box, and books, you just pull the drawer out and get it.
Now that’s the level of convenience you get when you invest in a good platform bed with enough storage underneath.
Platform beds with storage also come with a raised height, hence positions you at a good atmosphere for quality sleep.
Most people love a slight lift off the ground in their sleeping environment, a platform bed with storage gives you just that.
There are platform beds for every budget, but before you brandish your excuse of not wanting to spend much on a bed with ample space for storage underneath here’s how you know if you really need it:
- You have a small bedroom
The problem of having a small bedroom is one you can’t solve cheaply.
Half the time, your stuff will be cluttered everywhere.
See that suitcase in a corner? That’s not it’s right place.
It should be in a closet, but your bedroom doesn’t have closets, so it sits there for everyone who walks into your bedroom to gloat over the mess it seems to be.
What about the clothes you can’t simply find the right space for, so some hang on the walls and others are strewn across the floor like you’re getting ready to toss them in the washing machine?
And the books you love so much that you can’t keep them in the bookshelf in the living room because a friend might ask for it and never return?
You can keep it all for yourself without the ravages of poor storage churning its pages!
Investing in a good platform bed with storage underneath will give your room an illusion of more space even when your bedroom is so small.
Keep all these essential items underneath and watch your room gain new levels of tidiness and fresh outlook.
- You’re a minimalist
Being a minimalist doesn’t mean you buy skeleton-like furniture.
It means having a few things that help you do so much.
If you love your room with few things, buying a platform bed with storage helps you to limit other furniture.
For example, you can find a storage bed with enough space for all your books. Therefore you won’t have to buy a bookshelf.
Modern bedrooms charge a lot of rent because of the many closets and drawers.
If you have a storage bed where you can keep your sheets and clothes, you can make do with a bedroom without closets and save money like the minimalist you’re.
- You’re a sucker for unique and stylish things
If you’re the type of person who’s comfortable spending something extra to get unique and stylish things, then you will love platform beds with storage.
Though many people have platform beds, very few people can go the extra mile, spend a few more dollars to have a platform bed with storage.
Most likely, your friends own floating platform beds and will consider your bed with storage unique.
- You’re a creative human
Sometimes, the flow of your creative juices will be limited by space.
You want to create a wonderful finish to your bedroom, but the space you have is too small.
Platform bed with storage gives you enough space to free the floor and wall spaces so that you can use them to unleash your creative demon.
Remove the clutter in your bedroom by arranging everything neatly in the storage drawers, and you’ll have more space for more beautifying objects in the room.
- Kill the dust
What if I told you that your constant sneezing and respiratory problems are not caused by allergies but by dust?
Most people keep a lot of items under the bed where they gather a lot of dust.
The dust will be even hard to clear because some of these items will be at the farthest end of the bed where you can’t possibly reach them without cluttering your room.
So, they continue to get thicker, and before you know it, the quality of air in your bedroom has gone poor, and you begin to find trouble sleeping at night.
A platform bed with storage helps you with drawers for keeping your valuables safely locked where they can’t accumulate dust.
This improves your bedroom hygiene and improves the quality of your sleep.
Platform beds with storage give you so much class and order in your bedroom.
Best platform bed with storage underneath
Here are a few you can try;
- King Size Dakota Upholstered Platform Bed with Storage Drawers With Faux Leather
- Contemporary and chic bed frame with under bed storage and button-tufted diamond...
- King bed dimensions: 84.5”L x 78.5”W x 38“H | Drawer dimensions: 35”L x...
- Ideal for small space living. Contains four built-in plastic drawers on wheels...
If you love your bed king size and in white upholstery, then this bed will meet your needs.
It is made of white faux leather that doesn’t shine but is pretty easy to clean.
The drawers are pretty large, measuring 35″ wide, 23.5″ deep, and approximately 4.5″ tall.
That gives you enough space to store your items without taking another space on the floor.
The drawers are also upholstered in the same faux leather material as the headboard.
They have latches on the inside that hooks with a good grip to the frame of the bed so they can’t slide out without you pulling them.
In fact, they sync so well with the frame that you can’t know the bed has drawers until they’re opened.
If you would like the bed a little lower than it is, you can remove the legs.
When you remove the legs, it sits at approximately 8 inches in height. The legs are pretty easy to remove and buckle back.
The slats are positioned closely, so your mattress will not be damaged.
Besides, you can use it with any type of mattress.
- Dimension: 78.5 x 84.5 x 38 inches
- Color: White
- Weight: 153 pounds
- Warranty: Not indicated
- Sleek design that will add a touch of glamour to your bedroom.
- Pull-out drawers for storage make it easy to keep your room in order.
- The bed is sturdy; even with the drawers full, it can still accommodate up to 300 lbs.
- You can remove the feet to bring it lower to the ground.
- It has about 1.5-inch lip to keep the mattress in place; it won’t slide off.
- The price is fair for the value you get
- The white faux leather is easy to clean
- Most users feel it should be able to accommodate more than 300 lbs. even with the drawers full.
- The slats might snap if you put too much weight on the bed.
- Baxton Studio Ainge Contemporary Button -Tufted Fabric Upholstered Storage Bed
- Contemporary Storage Platform Bed
- Grey fabric upholstery. Siderail: 16.75 high x 2.25 wide x 81.50 long (inches)...
- Button-tufted headboard with foam padding
You’ll love this bed. Not just because it is easy to set up, but also because it is super elegant.
The design is amazing, the color is bold in grey and the upholstery on the headboard adds it the rare charm of antiquity with the button-tufted design.
The tufting has no flaws; the buttons fit the headboard with graceful sync.
The padding on the headboard is soft, and the fabric feels good to touch.
The legs are made of solid wood; pretty stable, especially given the short distance from the ground.
The wooden slats hold your mattress in place, and can take a lot of weight.
The drawers fit seamlessly on the frame, and the padding seals everything you might not even notice there are drawers on the sides of the bed.
This bed is so classy; you will feel like you’re sleeping on a bed that costs $1000 on an expensive vacation resort.
You know how the color grey blends well with most colors in the bedroom décor?
This bed gives you that— It will take more space sure, but the room will seem like it was definitely made for it.
The slats are supported by two strong beams to give your mattress the needed support and spread your weight evenly.
Don’t be worried about snapping the slats! They’re pretty strong.
However, one thing that could be improved is having a thicker floor for the drawers.
They are pretty thin, and might get spoilt if you keep something too heavy in them.
The drawers are pretty spacious; keep extra blankets and sheets here.
But you can also slip in a few clothes if you want to and still enjoy the beauty of this bed.
- Dimension: 87.8 x 97.8 x 48.2 inches
- Color: Grey
- Weight: 200 pounds
- Warranty: Not indicated
- The color grey blends well with bedroom décor
- The fabric used in padding the edges and the headboard is of high quality.
- The button-tufting on the headboard gives it elegance with rare charm of antiquity.
- It is pretty sturdy, can accommodate 500 lbs. plus.
- The drawers slide out easily and sync with the padding leaving them hidden.
- Easy to assemble.
- The drawers have a thin floor made of plywood. It should be thicker for longevity.
- The bed is big enough to accommodate another set of drawers on the sides, but the manufacturers may be thought, putting many drawers was a bad idea.
- When new, the fabric gives a peculiar scent, you might want to air it out for some hours.
How to build a platform bed – DIY
Peaceful sleep and pocket-friendliness aside, a platform bed can also give style to your sleeping space.
There is no standard procedure for creating one, but you can customize yours according to your particular needs.
You can learn more on how create DIY platform bed here.
For instance, you may add some storage space into the bed frame, or add some creatively designed lamp-stands by the side.
Whether you are a knowledgeable carpenter or just a confident beginner, you can easily convert panel bed to platform or create any design you want.
Still not sure on how you can design your bed and achieve the comfort of a platform bed?
Here are some brilliant platform bed designs to inspire you during this quest:
Twin platform beds with storage
- Organized your Bedroom and improved drawer bottoms made with genuine wood...
- solid: manufactured exclusively from certified environmentally preferred...
- Storage: three-spacious drawers underneath offer ample storage for clothes,...
This is what you need if you want to stop the constant fights over space on your kids’ bed.
Also, the space under your new pair of beds can be placed to use.
If this is what you wish to achieve, then the twin storage platform bed for toddlers will blow off your mind.
The design lets you have a pair of storage bins, and this means your kids will have more space to keep their clothes, books, or midnight snacks.
Notably, you are not restricted to children’s beds alone.
You can suggest your preferred size to the carpenter and listen to their views on the same.
Platform bed with storage space for your baskets
Do you have several baskets stuffing your bedroom, and there is no more space left to keep them?
If so, then the deal here is to change your bed to one that puts space to use.
The basic design is brilliant, and the benefits of this piece of furniture in your room are twofold.
First, you can be sure of comfortable nights; the second benefit is all the extra space that you will create.
No longer will you need to sneak out at night looking for chocolates or fries.
You can always have something to nibble inside the baskets because sincerely, late-night snacks are usually lots of fun.
Placing drawers under the platform bed
If the mess around your bedroom is driving you crazy, then you need to have drawers somewhere under your bed.
This perfect design helps you stylishly achieve proper storage.
Unless they are left open, one will not even notice the drawers below it and at the sides.
This is the most appropriate place to keep your extra bed sheets and duvets, right?
The design will give your bedroom a sleek look beyond what you expected.
All these platform bed concepts will bring out the art in you, and while also helping you achieve the absolute comfort and space economy you desire.
Using cinder blocks
If you are a minimalist or you simply want to add an industrial theme to your bedroom, then you can use some concrete cinder blocks as the base of the bed.
Apart from a little heavy lifting, the amount of labor necessary for pulling this together is minimal.
At the core of your base, you can place a hidden piece of plywood under your mattress.
This significantly reduces the number of blocks needed to create your bed.
You can also create an artistic feel by slapping coats of paint on your blocks.
For a seamless look, ensure you match your color choice with that of your bedroom pallet or wall paintings.
The hanging platform bed
- Classic styling with soft button tufted taupe upholstery | Core composition –...
- Product dimensions – 80" L x 60" W x 14" H | Weight – 94.8 lbs. | Weight...
- Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise-free use
There is no better way of lulling yourself to sleep than by gently swaying on a comfortable, hanging bed.
You can achieve this by supporting your mattress with the use of materials such as plywood, pallets, or even secured salvaged beams.
Your ceiling must be able to provide the necessary support for both your weight and that of your bed.
Before you proceed with this project, ensure you consult with a reputable expert.
The wheeled platform bed
If you enjoy loft living, then a platform bed on wheels is what you need.
Not only will you enjoy the comfort, but you will appreciate how mobile the bed is when rearranging your furniture.
Ensure that you get wheels that can be locked. Otherwise, you may find yourself on the other side of your room come the next morning.
Pallet platform bed
Nowadays, everyone is conscious of helping to take care of their surroundings and achieve a greener environment.
Small things can make a huge difference, including inside your bedroom.
The use of recycled wood pallets for your platform bed, for instance, is a sustainable solution with a stylish feel.
You do not need to pay someone for it.
Most DIYers usually go for this resource as it offers numerous design options.
Notably, classic pallets will look even more appropriate inside your bedroom if you apply some white paint.
You can spice up your creativity by adding some wheels for efficient movement around the room.
The cardboard platform bed
The use of cardboard platform beds is fast turning into a popular replacement for conventional beds made out of metal or wood.
Your bed is sustainable, and the material used is 100% recyclable.
Though simple in design, the cardboard platform bed is also surprisingly sturdy, and you can easily break it down and rebuild it.
It would be best if you layered your card-boards in spades strong enough to support you as you sleep.
Particularly, the “honeycomb” variety is the most ideal when creating this simple, comfortable bed.
The floating bed
Are you finding it harder to clean the area below your bed?
If you experience this standard issue, then the floating platform bed should be your next move.
This type of bed is not as magical as the name may suggest.
You only need to create a simple platform using plywood then attach a skirting board to it all around.
Once done, you will then place the platform’s legs as close to the center as possible to “conceal” them.
This way, they will not be visible from above, giving you this freaky yet exciting illusion that the bed is actually floating.
If you are looking to make your bedroom look awesome and lush the choice of bed frame is critical.
It therefore goes without saying that one of the best beds to buy is definitely the platform bed.
But depending on your need there are other types on beds you can also consider.
All the best in you bed hunting.
Have a lovely night filled with sweet dreams.
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API